Monday, October 27, 2008

OFF with her HAIR!!!


I don't know if this happens to all pregnant ladies, but when I'm pregnant I notice that I shed a lot less hair. Consequently, I end up with thicker-than-usual hair that poses a problem. For the past 8 months I have been dealing with more headaches than usual and, strangely, a very sore scalp. Being as slow as I am (when I'm pregnant), I finally made the connection between my thicker-than-usual hair and scalp-soreness last week. It's been 6 years since my last drastic chop and, thanks to Wendy (for her encouragement) and Cathy (for her talent with scissors), today I will donate another 10 inches to Locks of Love. Honestly, I felt relief as soon as she made the first cut. She even told me my scalp truly looked red and irritated. Guess I made the right decision!

6 comments:

Mary Jo said...

Very cute! I guess that is a very normal thing with pregnant women. Your hair doesnt shed then after you have the baby you loose alot of hair. That happened to me too.

Laura said...

how CUTE! someone will LOVE to have your thick hair. =) you look great!

Hillsdale Park Ward Programs said...

I love the new cut! I'm glad you are donating. Before my brain surgery I cut off 17 1/2 and donated it. This is the second time I've donated. Gives a good feeling doing something like that. I know I had an aunt who had to buy wigs when she had cancer. A little girl from my mission too had to wear wigs so I love that you have donated such beautiful hair!!!

Rebecca M said...

I like it! That's so cool that you donated it!

The Peterson's said...

Love it! I think I need to get pregnant so that I stop losing all my hair! I am constantly pulling out all loose pieces.

horseygrandma said...

I cut my hair after LAcey was born. I just got tired of my hair falling into a poopy diaper.