Sunday, September 14, 2008

Tot Lot


Giovanni began Tot Lot this week. It's actually going pretty well. I stayed the first day for about 40 minutes 'til I noticed he was playing with his good friend from church, so I ducked out. He caught me. He ran to the gate and yelled, "Mommy! Where you going? Come back!" I told him I'd be back in a bit and he'd be fine. He was. At home, he was an absolute nightmare. According to one of my mommy magazines, this is totally normal. On Tuesday, he told me he didn't want to go. As attendance is optional/not mandatory, we could have stayed home, but we didn't. I figured, why start that the first week, especially the 2nd day? By the end of the week, he was asking to go in the morning and telling me, "Thank you for Tot Lot, Mommy," the rest of the day. It's a total parent co-op program, so I work it every Friday. It's kind of nice that way. I get to be involved but not overly-involved. A good friend of mine is training Gio to call all the mothers "Mrs. Tot Lot." We'll see if he takes to it. I really like this program and think it will be a good introduction to the idea of pre-school for him.

3 comments:

starstruck_texan said...

Tot Lot is so cool....I didn't even know they were still around. I have so many cool things from when I was i Tot Lot. I'm glad you are doing that.

Rebecca M said...

I was in Tot Lot! How fun!

Aimee said...

That sounds like a cool program! Have fun!
I'm tagging you with the 6 random things. Check out my blog for the istructions to participate.
Love ya!
Aimster