Monday, September 15, 2008

6 Random Things About Me

So, I was actually tagged to do this by 2 different friends who live in 2 different states and don't even know each other. How funny is that?

These are the rules:
1. Link to the Person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag 6 people & let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
5. Let your tagger know when your entry is up.

1. I was born with really abnormal teeth. I had braces for almost a decade, 2 expander's, a bridge and even wore a head gear for a short period of time. After all that, I had 3 different retainers then two different night guards (I called them my grinding plates). I have had 7 different oral surgeries on my teeth over the course of my life. I was actually scheduled for at least two more this year, but Vinnie decided to come a year ahead of schedule so now I only have half a mouthful of teeth.

2. I LOVE pink electronics. I didn't even want a cell phone until Motorola came out with the pink SLVR, which I recently replaced with a pink Sony Ericsson Walkman cell phone (the camera died on the SLVR). I have a pink Memorex iMove to play what is now my 3rd pink iPod that I'm on (first a pink Mini, then a 2nd generation pink Nano and now a 3rd generation pink Nano Video). Thankfully, my husband fully supports me in this quest as evidenced by my new pink Sony Cybershot digital camera I got for our anniversary.

3. I am very much into routines/schedules and very much dislike interruptions in whatever routine/schedule I'm on. It's kind of one of my favorite aspects of being the Girls Camp Director: figuring out what can be fixed from the previous year's schedule to make it better.

4. When I am upset about absolutely anything, I HAVE to clean. I could be literally crying about a friend's tragedy, or even my own, and you would find me picking up around the house, dusting, doing the dishes or even scrubbing the toilet. When my dad passed away last year, my sister-in-law and I spent all four days before his funeral deep cleaning my mom's house. We even dragged every piece of dirty laundry and bedding down to the neighborhood laundromat. I really appreciated her support in my neurotic grieving needs. Seriously, if you ever see my house completely spotless, feel free to ask who died.

5. I share my birthday with a ton of people I know: my brother (Jim), Wendy's sister Michelle, my good friends Sarah & Shawntel, my friend's son Brandon, a guy I went to Jr. High with (Adrian) and a few other people who I can't think of right now (see #6).

Which brings me to.....

6. I am a total mindless idiot when I'm pregnant. One of the first things Ryan said to me after I told him I was pregnant with Vinnie was, "You're not going to get all dumb this time, are you?" If you tell me something important and you don't see me write it down in front of you, ask me to. If you tell me a secret, it's surely safe with me as I'll forget it the minute we walk away from each other! Fortunately, this problem goes away a few months after the baby comes out of me.

So, now I tag: Kellie C, Alie B, Rebecca M, Becca B, MaryJo V, & Julie C!

2 comments:

Rebecca M said...

Done Little Miss Tagger!

Jenibelle said...

Hey Ryan and Susie, it's Aunt Jeni. I jumped over from Kellie's blog. I didn't know you had one. Congratulations on another boy! You are going to be hopping!