Friday, July 11, 2008

Giovanni's Demotion


It's true. I took Gio swimming every chance I got last summer (we lived right next to the pool then) and we had consulted the head of the program before enrolling him. However, after four days in the Level One swim class, they suggested I take Giovanni to the Mommy & Me class. The first day he spent sitting on the side of the pool. The second day he was in the pool, clinging to his teacher for dear life as she walked him around the pool, as she hoped he'd get used to he water. The third day, he still clung onto his teacher, but participated more with the class. Then, yesterday, they fully included him in the class, having him in the water & holding onto the side. Whenever he wasn't involved in some activity, he was crying for his mommy. One little girl attempted to comfort him then turned around and told the teacher, "Gio wants his mommy." Too cute. But didn't work. The funny thing is, every day since Monday he's told me, "Thank you for the water today," and telling everyone, "I go swibbing wessons!" As we were getting in the car to leave yesterday, I told Gio, "Tomorrow Mommy's going to get in the water with you. Won't that be fun to go swimming with Mommy?" To which he replied, "Not really." So, today we begin Mommy & Me together. Wish us luck.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

I hope you slapped on some heavy sun screen on that boy! Look at his beautiful white skin! Mom would be so proud. He looks a lot bigger from Christmas time.