Monday, July 14, 2008

7 Days Until.....

Camp! I haven't really mentioned anything about this on here but SO many people are asking (since I'll be 20 weeks pregnant the day after we get home). To answer everyone's question: YES, I'm going to camp! :) I am the Girl's Camp Director for our Stake (Church) and it is one of the highlights of my life. When I was called to this position, I reminded the Stake Presidency member who was interviewing me that I'm a mother (Gio was just a year old at the time) and that I was definitely having more children. His reply? "As long as you're not more than 7 months pregnant, you can come to camp." Thankfully, Ryan's OK with it, too, as Gio stays home with him. Honestly, my assistant, Rebecca, and I work so hard throughout the year that I wouldn't miss it for the world. We also have incredible support staff and Youth Leaders to carry out what the camp needs. But all the hard work really pays off. When we get to the last day, at testimony meeting, I can see how much good this program does. It is definitely the Lord's camp! I can't guarantee how comfortable I'll be or to what extent I'll be able to participate in all the activities, but I'll be there. :)

2 comments:

Rebecca M said...

Boy am I glad to hear that!

Aimee said...

I went to camp this year just for two days but I'm so glad I went. The girls really do grow so much and they show so much more of themselves up there than you get to see at church and YW. I hope I get to go for the whole thing next year!
Aimee