Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Gio's Haircut


Up until last week, getting Giovanni's hair cut was an absolute nightmare. There would be screaming and wailing and gnashing of teeth. That was before we discovered Cool Cuts 4 Kids. I heard about it from another mom at swimming lessons and it was a dream come true! When we arrived there last Tuesday, we signed in then went to this cute little play area that had PBS playing on a tv, a Lego Duplo table AND a Thomas table. Gio was in heaven. He got to play there for about 25 minutes before he was called. When it was his turn, he got to pick out a movie (he chose Cars) and sat in an adorable little red fire engine. The hair stylist let him play with the clippers before she started so he'd be comfortable with them and know they wouldn't hurt. Then the haircut began.....and he was cooperative! He REALLY liked looking at himself in the mirror and especially to view the end result. I was so proud of him, after the whole thing was over, when he actually said, "Thank you for the haircut!" and I didn't even prompt him to do so!

2 comments:

Rebecca M said...

How cute!! I love the haircut! See you tonight!

Kellie said...

What a doll! He's looking more and more like his dad.