Sunday, September 11, 2011

We Remember

OK, well, I remember.
Ten years ago today I had been home from my mission for just 4 days.  I had not been involved in or even aware of anything in the world in over a year and a half.  I had slept in that morning and was awakened by my mom who burst into my room and practically shouted at me, "Don't you know what's going on?!?!"  I watched the television in horror as they replayed video of the first tower being hit by the plane over and over again with commentary about the chaos.  I remember thinking this had to be some sort of accident.  Then the second tower was hit by a plane.  At that moment, I could not even imagine the impact it would have.  It feels as though patriotism has grown stronger. Communities came together.  People vowed then and there they would enlist to defend our country.  It seems to me, as much as America may have lost that day we have been determined to rise above and gain back more.

God bless America!  
America Rocks

No comments: